Archive for the ‘ Borders & Edging ’ Category
posted on August 4th, 2010 by Steve Schug
Installing borders in your yard is a great way to separate your Zoysia lawn from your garden beds, patio, neighboring lawns, and driveway. Our Easy Edge® is a decorative lawn edging system specially designed for defining your Zoysia grass.
Benefits of Lawn Edging
– Defines your yard.
– Creates practical borders.
– Gives you a neat mowing and trimming line, while saving time.
– Provides a root barrier to prevent grasses from entering flower beds.
– Adapts to straight or curved areas with ease.
Putting a lawn edging system in place is a practical way to give your yard a clean and finished look without a great deal of work. Plastic or metal borders can be inserted six inches into your Zoysia lawn to keep it from growing in unwanted areas of your yard.
Installing Easy Edge®
– It is flexible and easy to install.
– Made of durable plastic, Easy-Edge® is corrugated for extra strength.
– Withstands -30° temperatures and will last for years.
– Our Step-On Edger is helpful for installation.
posted on February 15th, 2010 by Julie
Sometimes Amazoy Zoysia can be a little, well, eager. It is a spreading grass and sometimes finds its way into flowerbeds, gardens, and neighbor’s yards (in which case it might help the whole neighborhood look great). But maybe you don’t want it in your garden and maybe your neighbor doesn’t want it in his yard.
No problem, there is an easy solution. Inserting plastic or metal borders inserted about 6” into the ground will keep the grass from spreading in places where it isn’t wanted. Here at Zoysia Farms, we recommend Easy-Edge® lawn edging. The flexible and easy to install plastic edging will take care of any unwanted spreading.
To see how to accurately install borders, check out the video below.