Once you have ordered and received your Amazoy Zoysia grass plugs, your next step is the actual planting. With over five decades of experience in harvesting, packaging, delivering, and planting, we have this planting process down to a science. Before you begin planting, there are a few things to think about.
First, be sure it is the right time of year for you to plant. Zoysia can be planted throughout the spring, summer, and fall, but check out our map to see when is the premium season for your region. Next, you must finish separating the plugs with shears. This is because in our attempt to ensure maximum freshness for you, the plugs are not cut entirely through before shipment.
Finally, you must have a planting plan. Using our example diagram, plan where you are going to place your zoysia plugs. Holes should be made no more than a foot apart. If you want your new lawn to fill in more quickly, you can plant your plugs closer together (half a foot apart). When you are finally ready to put the plugs into the ground, consult the planting instructions that come with each order. But just in case you misplace them, you can follow the steps below.
1. Mow your existing lawn as low as possible.
2. Ensure that your ground is workable and moist enough for planting.
3. Once you have determined a starting point, insert the auger into the ground to remove established grass. You can also drill a hole, depending on the tool you are using. Now you will have a hole for your plugs.
4. Put the zoysia plug in the hole you just created, filling in around the edges with loose soil. Make sure to only bury the roots, as the living plant needs sunlight to grow.
5. Lightly compress the plug into the ground with the heel of your foot or hand.
6. Water LIGHTLY.
To see the proper way to plant, check out the video on our website https://www1.zoysiafarms.com/